Sunday, June 24, 2007

First cup of Java in 5 weeks

It's hard to believe that this is already my 5th week at the new job. I have written tons of PHP, SQL, Ajax code, but not a single line of Java code.
Being a true Java lover, not writing Java code is like torture. Today, I brewed my first cup of Java.

Although our application is mainly PHP based, we have been using Anthill OS for continuous integration. We have an Ant script that check out source code hourly, run unit tests, redeploy application and database. Every once a while, the build script fails when Anthill OS is unable to check out source code due to either network problem or source repository password timeout. I finally got fed up with all the warning emails and implemented my own retry logic. The code is so simple, but it is my first cup of Java in 5 weeks.

No comments: